An after-school tutoring and goal-based mentoring program for girls in grades 3–8. The program is offered at the Eastport Community Center in Annapolis, MD. Each participant is matched with an individual tutor and mentor.
A high-school program that works with Eastport Girls Club and Eastport Boys Club graduates as they explore and prepare for their post high school future – college or other career possibilities.
An after-school program for elementary and middle school boys (3rd-8th grades). The program is offered at the Eastport Community Center. Each boy is matched with an adult male tutor and mentor.
An educational, incentive-based program focused on increasing family cohesion and parents’ involvement in their child’s education.
All programs share common goals for youth and their parents/caregivers:
For S4S youth
- Academic success
- Social skills
- Exposure to positive places and people
- Healthy habits
- Personal goal setting and attainment
- Volunteerism/community involvement
For S4S parents/caregivers
- Involvement in their child’s academic success
- Parenting skills
- Personal and family goal setting
- Social connection/social family cohesion