Volunteers are the backbone of Seeds 4 Success. Interested in being a S4S volunteer? Or know someone who might be? We would love to hear from you.
- Training and continuing support is provided by S4S staff.
- Background and driving record check required prior to working directly with children. S4S facilitates this easy online process.
- Volunteers driving children must provide a copy of driver’s license and insurance card.
“I volunteered with Seeds 4 Success to give back, but volunteering has actually given me more than I could have imagined.” – Eastport Girls Club mentor
Tutor for Eastport Girls Club (Women and Men Welcome)
Give a girl the chance for success by being a tutor for Eastport Girls Club!
- When: Wednesdays during the academic school year from 5:00–6:00 pm at the Eastport Community Center for elementary students, and at Annapolis Middle School for our middle schoolers.
- Tutors receive an individualized tutoring and homework help plan developed by the S4S Education Director, who is onsite for additional support. Occasional meetings to discuss progress and make adjustments. Tutors may also help out with special school projects (e.g. Science Fair), and attend parent-teacher conferences.
Mentor for Eastport Girls Club (Women only)
Enrich a girl’s life by being a mentor! Requires a commitment of 6-8 hours per month for at least one year; must be 21 or older.
Tutor for Eastport Boys Club (Men Only)
Be an EBC tutor and change a young boy’s life!
- When: During the academic school year, after school at Eastport Community Center.
- Tutoring follows an individualized plan developed by the S4S Education Director. Occasional meetings are held to discuss progress and make adjustments. Tutors may be asked to transport boys home.
Join Our Transportation Team
Looking for something flexible? Driving children to tutoring, extracurricular and other activities is a vital part of S4S programs. A great way to spend time with a youth, helping them access positive and enriching opportunities!
- Requirements: Background and driving record check, copy of driver’s license, auto insurance coverage and car required. Timing varies each week but you pick and choose your times and dates via an easy online sign-up system.
Join a Committee
Our active Board can always use volunteers to help support our work. Involvement includes helping with special events, developing new partnerships, and participating in spirited mailing parties. It’s a great way to get to know people!
Like to cook? Here’s another flexible job! We have special events for our kids and families like holiday potlucks, award ceremonies, and field trips. We need assistance with meal preparation, room set up, etc.